WHAT IS A PATENT
- Patent is an exclusive monopoly right given by the sovereign to an inventor for an invention
- Exclusive monopoly to the inventor means to exclude any one from manufacturing, using or selling the invention during the period of the patent.(a negative right !)
- For an invention to be patented, it should fulfill the criteria of the patent legal regime of a country
- It is for a limited period of time (20 years)
- To get the Patent the Inventor should disclose the invention full
- This exclusive right is only in the country(ies) in which the patent is granted.